This 200 Club of Morris County scholarship program began in 1982 to provide college, post-high school education or vocational school assistance to children of active public safety personnel. Scholarship eligibility is limited to high school seniors serving in a branch of public safety or whose a parent is actively serving or retired from a public safety capacity in Morris County.
Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis for the 2013-2014 academic years. Award criteria are academic performance, community service, extracurricular activities and family financial need. The scholarship committee will review and approve applications impartially with no knowledge of the applicants’ identities. Announcement of the awards will be made in April.
Applications are limited to high school seniors meeting at least one of the following qualifications.*
• The applicant’s parent is actively serving with a Morris County police dept., other law enforcement agencies, fire dept., ambulance squad or the N.J. State Police.
• The applicant’s parent retired from one of the above public safety agencies and has satisfied that agency's retirement requirements.
• The applicant is an active member of one of these departments in a voluntary capacity.
• The applicant resides in Morris County and their parent is actively serving with a Federal or State law enforcement agency.
*Eligibility does not include children of personnel working in public safety departments in clerical, crossing guard or other non-public safety.
How to Apply
Check with your Guidance Counselor to be sure your scholastic information can be released to The 200 Club! Your school’s Guidance Department may require you and/or a parent to complete a release form before they can furnish this information to us. Be sure to do this before you complete our on-line scholarship application so there is no delay in having your application considered.
Print a copy of our application and use it as a checklist so you can gather all the necessary data before you enter that information on-line. This is important because you will not be able to save your application and return to complete it at a later time.
To print a copy of the application and use it as a checklist, click here.
Once it appears on your screen, right click your mouse and select the print option.
Once you have compiled the necessary information, click the link above to enter that information on-line. IMPORTANT! We will not accept paper applications. You must apply on-line. Your application will not be considered unless you enter valid data in all the required fields.
Submit your Financial Aid Profile Form to the College Scholarship Service on line at https://profileonline.collegeboard.com or by mail to:
The College CSS Financial Aid Profile
P.O. Box 4004
Mount Vernon, IL 62864-8604
Tel: (305) 829-9793
• Only the CSS Financial Aid Profile will be accepted.
• List The 200 Club of Morris County, CSS Code #0550, on the Financial Aid Profile, Section Q. Submit the CSS Financial Aid Profile to the College Scholarship Service, which will route the information to The 200 Club of Morris County.Be sure to complete this report so it is available for us to view by the Friday, March 1.
• Do not send the CSS Financial Aid Profile to The 200 Club of Morris County.
Deadline for applications for the 2013-2014 school year is Friday, March 1, 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Notification of awards will be made the week of April 7.
Inquiries or Questions
Direct any inquiries concerning eligibility and the application process via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 Scholarship Awards Dinner
The 2012 Scholarship Awards Dinner was held at The Zeris Inn in June with over 130 guests and members in attendance. Twenty-five $4,000 scholarships were awarded for the 2012-2013 academic year. Awards were based on academic performance, community service, extracurricular activities and family financial need. Special recognition was given to one recipient who received an additional $1,000 award for exceptional community service.
Hear what our 2012 Scholarship Recipients had to say.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
The 200 Club of Morris County
P.O. Box 1743
Morristown, New Jersey 07962-1743
Lori Richmond, Club Administrator
(732) 279-4392 Fax
Website Designed and Hosted by Nisivoccia Consulting LLC